These are the settings for Distiller.
Go to SETTINGS menu and select "Edit Adobe PDF settings"
These are the General settings:
• Compatibility: Acrobat 5
• turn off Object-Level and Auto-Rotate
• Set binding to Left
• Resolution 2400
• Check "All Pages"
• Uncheck Embed Thumbs and Optimize for Fast Web View
Click the Images tab:
• Color Images:
• Grayscale Images:
• Monochrome Images:
Anti-Alias to gray: Off
Click the Fonts tab:
• Check "Embed All Fonts
• Check "Subset Embedded Fonts when..." and type in 100%
Click on the Colors Tab:
• Settings File to None
• Color Management Policies:
Leave Color Unchanged
• Rendering Intent: Default
• Check "Preserve Under Color..."
• When transfer functions are found: REMOVE
• Uncheck "Preserve Halftone Information
• Check the boxes shown in this link.
• Nothing is needed to checked here.
A diaglog box will come up. Save As "Magazine Settings"
Where: "Settings" folder
When creating .ps files you will be using your new "Magazine Settings" in Distiller to create your PDF's.